Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thai Sabye Sabye Restoran, Kelana Jaya @ Halal Chinese Double Boiled Soup


It was cooling after a huge downpour yesterday night. I was caught in the rain and thoughtfully, my friends brought me to a place for nice double boiled soup at Thai Sabye Sabye Restoran, Kelana Jaya. This restaurant used to be in Old Klang Road and just moved to Kelana Jaya for better demand. 

No doubt, Thai restaurant should be famous for their thai food, but I found more interesting is that their menu consist of chinese double boiled soup. It was heavenly mouth watering after the huge downpour when soup can always bring us back to warm. My friend highly recommended them and with no regrets, immediately I want to share this with all of you (s).......

Double Boiled Vegetable Soup @  菜膽鸡汤 
This is the best soup of all the soup they served here. One word "Jeang". As in view, you may see some boiled vegetables, dry bamboo shoots, dates and chicken. This soup tasted sweet and so flavored (tasted like long-boiled). I was cold and this has warmed my stomach and added my appetite towards more food. It wasn't too "gao"/ thick, and very suitable to someone who prefer lighter soup. It was not oily at all and I will definitely come for another bowl on my next visit. 



Double Boiled White Fungus Pumpkin Soup @木耳蓝瓜鸡汤
This will be ladies best choice, as many of us knows that white fungus is rich with collagen. It was my first time trying white fungus cooked in a salty way as normally I used white fungus for sweet desserts. I personally recommend this to our ladies out there and not forgetting men, coz beauty should share among genders. This is a clear soup and won't add the space of your stomach. Its name best describe how it taste as fungus itself doesn't taste much but pumpkin's sweet riching the whole combination. 

I tried few other types of the soups they are serving but didn't get the chance to take the nice shots. I shall say this restaurant is generous towards the ingredients they used for their food. You may try other soups, like Tian Qi Tang @ 田七鸡汤 (so tasteful with "tian qi" at the price of RM19 where you hardly find), Dang Shen Tang@党参鸡汤,and many more. 

Price Range
RM15.00 - RM19.00 per pot; 1 pot can be a sharing for 2 pax

Why I recommend this place? 
This is a PORK FREE restaurant. A lot of my muslim friends missed how mouth-watering chinese double boiled soup can be, and Restoran Thai Sabye Sabye has become a stop where the sharing can be so memorable. At the range of price, I shall say this restaurant is paying back what we are paying. My dearest Muslim friends, come let's try this out and you'll love it! 

Address: 
17, 27-29, Jalan SS6/12, 
Kelana Jaya, 
47301, Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor D.E, 
Malaysia


P/S: Little Self- Insights of Double Boiled Soup
Double boiled soup can be easily cooked as nothing much to look after, cause you may just put everything in and boil. Although it sounds easy, but yet there is a little bit "kung fu" needed to make taste exceptional delicious (unforgettable taste). Why I said so? The ingredients may be same, but might differ due to the time consumed for boiling; type of pot being used; the cuts of ingredients; and definitely some emotion of the person who is cooking it. 

Double-boil soup can bring so many nutritional factors to the drinkers. Chinese believes that soup can be a charger to boost the appetite, immune, blood-circulation and other health benefits. If you wanna be happy go lucky person, start boiling and drink more soup today. Boiling it ourselves is always better to avoid any additional MSG. 

Share your recipes and let me try yours too ya! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment